Thursday 15 October 2015

My "X" Addiction

Hellooooo there!

My love for cars started in my early teens when I used to spend a lot of time with my older brother, Joshua. He and I always spoke about cars and even car sound systems. Ever since, I have been a fanatic of speed, sound and modified cars.

Yes, I am addicted to the Toyota RunX preferably RSi. My reason for being a fan of this beauty is the fact that Toyota is manufactured by the 'Japs' and in saying that, I feel that Japanese cars are usually very reliable, I am sure I have a few friends who would agree. My Father is a full on Toyota fan and has brought me up to believe that I should never purchase any other car one day. Don't get me wrong, I have respect for most brands of cars. Some brands are just a complete mock and a waste of space on earth.

So, the Toyota Runx has models which are grouped in three engine sizes and five specification levels:

"R" (baseline available on the 140i only)
"RT" (140i and 160i)
"RS" (safety specification available on 160i only)
"RX" (160i luxury specification)
"RSi" (top of the range, 1,8-litre model)

All 140i and 160i models has five-speed manual transmissions and the RSi is fitted with a six-speed transmission.

The RSi model is one for the performance freaks and offers all the luxury of the RX with a few additional items such as Toyota's 'Optitron' backlit instrument panel. Alloy wheels are 6JJ x 16 and are fitted with low profile 195/55R16-87V tyres. The engine is the most significant difference of the RSi model. It produces 141kW at 7 800 r/min and 180 N.m at 6 800 r/min because of the 2ZZ-GE with VVTL-i (Variable Valve Timing and Lift intelligent) engine. This engine is definitely the one you want for small budgets, if you want something reliable and economical with performance aspirations.


Personally, I can't stand the site of a stock-standard RSi. It actually urks me.
Here are a few pictures of modified X's.






***

DenXRSi



This is my friend Denroy Schippers, he owns a modified RunX RSi.

I remember Denroy took me for a spin 1 night (literally) in 2013, which was one of the best experiences in my life. He did a 180degree handbrake turn with me in the passenger seat. That adrenaline rush is still so clear to me and I loved every second of it. Ever since then, I've been wanting to experience more and I am waiting patiently for the big days where I get to be in a car that will be drifting!



Denroy's beautiful beast mods:

2006 Toyota RunX Rsi
2ZZ-GE Engine
Supension: Front 60mm Rear 50mm
Exhaust: Pro-Fit Exhaust 57/63mm
Cold Air Induction with Alexi pod filter
Stainless Steel Valvetrain Kit
152kW, 200N.m









I can definitely say that this is the fastest X I have ever been in, in my life this far. Cannot wait to see this beauty perform again. 

***

About the 2ZZ-GE engine


The Toyota 2ZZ-GE engine was designed and built by Yamaha. It is a straight-4 piston engine series. The VVTL-i is an enhanced version of VVT-i that can alter valve lift (and duration) as well as valve timing. The ZZ series uses a die-cast aluminium engine block with aluminium silicon cylinder liners, and aluminium DOHC 4-valve cylinder heads which is a first for Toyota. The camshafts are chain-driven. The two 1.8 L members of the family, the 1ZZ and 2ZZ, use different bore and stroke. The former was optimized for economy and torque, while the latter is a "square" design optimized for high-RPM power. The ZZ family replaced the extremely popular cast-iron block 4A engines. 

MR2 2ZZ-GE Engine

***

 Instagram becky_28_

No comments:

Post a Comment