Thursday 8 October 2015

It Is What It Is...

Hi There!

Rebecca here, most people call me Becky. Here is a little bit about me!~
Me, 2015.


I attended Heathfield High School from 2003 and Matriculated in 2008. I fell pregnant with my first born when I was in Matric and still managed to pass and complete my 5 years of High School. How you might ask? I was out of school for about 2 months in my matric year and in those 2 months, I used to "home school" myself. After I had given birth to my first born Amy in September 2008, I had to study from home and practice everything to prepare for my final exams. Fortunately for me, I was still given the opportunity to write! I wrote my matric exams in the Principle's office. Thank God I passed! I decided not to let my circumstance keep me back from doing what I needed to. 

In 2009, I did a basic hairdressing course and computer course in the space of 8 Weeks. I was sort of figuring out what my passion was and what I was most good at. I really enjoyed the hairdressing, it was as if I was a natural. I then went on and was blessed with a job as Junior Stylist and Salon Assistant for Gio's Unisex Hair Studio in Wynberg, Cape Town.

10 Months Old.
On her 7th Birthday, 2015.

In 2010 I gave birth to my son Daniel. I was yet again out of work and kept back on finding myself. Can you imagine being a mother of 2 at age 20! I never in my life thought it would be me. I wouldn't trade my kids for the world though and would definitely not be where I am today if it wasn't for them and for the Grace of God. I have been through so much and learnt a lot from my actions. In the year 2010 I was working on Contract as a Data Capturer for DataCentrix for 6 months. I then went on to be employed as a permanent Receptionist for Margaret Nicol & Associates and later on promoted to a Production Assistant. During the time working at MNA, I did 2 courses namely, Design & Develop as well as Assessor. I also completed First Aid Level 1 training. Unfortunately after almost 3 years of employment at MNA the company retrenched all their staff and had to close down due to circumstances. I was then again unemployed. I eventually went back into the Hair Dressing trade and got a job as Hair Stylist and Salon Manager for Something Sassi Salon, also located in Wynberg. I thoroughly enjoyed working there. Learnt a few new things in Beauty Therapy as well. All this took place from 2010 - 2013.
1 years old.

On his 5th Birthday, 2015.
In 2014, I was blessed with an opportunity to study. I started studying Civil Engineering at Damelin College, full-time. Pretty tough when you're a mother of 2 and didn't have much financial support. My parents were always supporting us while I went on and studied. Unfortunately, I had to leave college and look for work again as the financial situation wasn't looking good. I then got a job at City Varsity, where I am currently employed as a Receptionist. I recently completed a Web Design course through the Varsity.

My reason for starting this blog is to connect with people and share my interests with those who enjoy the same things as me.

1 comment: